1. Tango is a static non-evolving dance.
2. All the true Tango dancers are in Argentina.
3. If you're not dancing to Tango music, you're not dancing Tango.
4. Open-style (non-close embrace) Tango is not true Tango.
5. Close-embrace style Tango is the only style danced in Argentina.
6. The old timers are the best dancers.
7. The eyes-closed Tango trance is a good thing.
8. The "cross" in the basic step is not lead.
9. Ochos come in sets of threes.
10. Always keep your shoulders parallal to your partner's shoulders.
11. If there's a mistake, it's always the leaders fault.
12. Leader always leads with the shoulders.
13. Leader invites the follower to move.
14. Leader follows the followers step.
15. Leader has the most difficult part.
16. Follower should lean on the leader.
17. Follower should apply pressure to the leader with their right hand.
18. Follower should hold onto the leader's right biceps with her left hand for stability.
19. Follower should take short back steps for stability.
20. Follower should put left arm over learder's right shoulder and down leader's back.
21. Tango is a conversation between leader and follower.
22. Figures are useless and meaningless.
23. Tango should not be analyzed. It's all about emotion and the music.
24. Follower is not at all responsible for safety on the dance floor.
25. There is no structure in Tango, only movement.
26. You must dance each dance of a Tanda.
27. You must wait until a new Tanda to dance if you missed the current Tanda's first dance.
If would like to have your favorite fallacy, myth, poor habit, or weak techique posted here, email it to email@example.com and thanks to those who have made contributions.